TOP Early Learning Centers Directors
Cornelia Stevens became the executive director of TOP Early Learning Centers in 2013, after serving as the South Central Region Director of the Kansas Children’s Service League. Much of her professional career has been dedicated to early childhood programming and serving children and families.
She has worked with several diverse organizations including the Mental Health Association of South Central Kansas, ResCare Kansas Life Choices and the Correctional Reception Center. In these roles, she directed the Kansas Compeer programs, coordinated volunteers, designed programming for those with mental illness and developmental disabilities, and implemented specialized services such as the Mentoring Children of Prisoners program. These experiences helped her more clearly identify her passion for children and provided a strong foundation for her current work.
Miss Cornelia is also a parent of a TOP graduate. She feels her daughter is a powerful reflection of how early education successfully impacts future life outcomes.
- MBA - Baker University, Wichita, Kan.
- B.A., Music Therapy - Ohio University, Athens, Ohio
- A.A. - Miami Dade Community College, Miami, Fla.
Diana Perez oversees TOP Early Learning Center Northwest. She has previous early learning experience as an operational director, and served as the assistant director at the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (providing payment services to the United States Department of Defense). A true assest to TOP Early Learning Centers, Miss Diana is bilingual (Spanish and English). She provides enthusiasm, compassion and strong leadership to the TOP Northwest team.
- B.S. in Early Childhood Education - Ashford University, Clinton, Iowa.
Tiffany Denton is the director at TOP Early Learning Center North. She began her career in early childhood education in 1999. Prior to becoming director at TOP North, she held positions as lead teacher, assistant director, and curriculum and instruction coah. She is one of TOP's most tenured employees, and is devoted to creating educational foundations for young learners.
Miss Tiffany has held positions at TOP South and TOP North, and previously worked for Primrose School of Wichita East, LaPetit Academy, and CastleRock Academy. Her qualification and honors include:
- B.S. in Elementary Eduction – Athens State University, Athens, Ala. Early Childhood Education Certificate – Dodge City, Kan.
- Associate in Liberal Arts - Wallace State Community College - Hanceville, Ala.
- Minor in Early Childhood Education - Butler Community College - El Dorado, Kan.
- Teacher of the Year Award, TOP Early Learning Centers - 2007-2008.
- Hardest Worker Award TOP Early Learning Centers - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015,2016.
- Keynote motivational spaker for the 2013 YMCA Kidzone workers and directors.
Doris Vigil leads the charge at TOP Early Learning Center South. She has been an employee of TOP Early Learning Centers since 2012, beginning her career at TOP as a lead teacher. Prior to her role as director at TOP South, Miss Doris served as director of TOP Early Learning Center Northwest, and was an assistant director at TOP Early Learning Center North. She also had her own in home day care for nearly 20 years.
- B.S., General Studies with a concentration in Child Development - Fort Hays State University, Hays, Kan.
- Associate's Degree in Applied Science: Early Childhood Education - Butler Community College, El Dorado, Kan.
She brings to TOP a variety of skills, having held the following leadership positions: Sunday school teacher, Boy Scout Troop Advancement Chairman, Cub Scout Committee Chairman, Quivira Council Scout Unit Commissioner, Derby High School Band Booster Treasurer, Church Youth Leader, Children's Sunday School Presidency Counselor, President of Church Women's Group, Colven Elementary School PTA President, and Wichita Citizen Participation Organization Elected Member.
Tammy Blunt has been the finance director at TOP since 2012. She has more than 25 years of experience in accounting, financial reporting, financial statements, account reconciliation, financial analysis, taxes, cash flow analysis, payroll, and accounts receivable and payable. We like to say, she knows her job from A-Z.
In addition to overseeing the financial side of TOP, Miss Tammy also supervises the enrollment and kitchen staffs, ensuring the highest quality customer service is provided to TOP families and making sure tasty, nutritious meals and snacks are served to our students.
Although she may be considered the director behind the scenes, it is her talent for juggling many balls that keeps TOP reputable and financially sound.
- B.S., Administration of Justice with a minor in Accounting - Wichita State University, Wichita, Kan.
- Certified Total Quality Management - Kansas Newman, Wichita, Kan.
- MS Office Packages, Peachtree, Symplex, Epicor, ASK/Manman, AS 400, Quick Books, Syteline, Macola, Global Ship Solutions
- ISO Auditor Training ISO9000/01-QS9001 / Peer Reveiw Training